Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response virtual Course - 2019
The purpose of the course is to incorporate skills to implement new Maternal and Perinatal Death Audit Committees, or strengthen existing committees. By completing the virtual course, the participant will have acquired knowledge about the definition of maternal and perinatal death, cycle of continuous improvement applied to the audit, creation and strengthening of audit committees and response planning to avoid new maternal and perinatal deaths.
Improve maternal health through the understanding of maternal mortality and perinatal mortality situation.
- Understanding the basic concepts of maternal and perinatal mortality.
- Understanding the basic concepts of data and indicators applied to maternal and perinatal mortality.
- Understanding the importance of data quality for monitoring and decision-making.
- Capacity building for the understanding of MDPSR framework.
- Improving audits of maternal and perinatal mortality at all levels.
- Including the “R” of Response in the framework of MDSR.
This course is aimed to:
- Medical doctors and general practitioners
- Midwives / Obstetricians
- Pediatricians and neonatologists
- Professionals involved in management and administrative activities of different institutions related to maternal and perinatal health
Duration / Workload
The course is open and available in the VCPH. As it is a self-learning course, participants can regulate their times and moments of dedication. When including the estimated time to complete the modules and the Final Evaluation, the Course is assigned a total of 3 hours.
Maternal Deaths / Three Delays Model
Maternal and Perinatal Death Surveillance and Response Framework
Six step audit cycle
Committees - Introduction
Preparing a Committee
Conducting a Committee
Methods for reviewing a case
MPDSR framework review
This course has the possibility of having the modules in PDF or interactive format for use without an internet connection.
You must enter the course to access the material and to meet the evaluation and certification requirements.