Measurement of Health Status 2018
The Skills Online Program aims to help public health practitioners develop and strengthen their knowledge and skills in order to make better-informed public health decisions. EPI2 Measuremente of Health Status is the second in a set of three basic modules on epidemiology in public health that is being offered through PAHO's Virtual Campus for Public Health (VCPH).
The purpose of this module is to enhance learners' understanding and use of common epidemiologic tools, data sources and methods for measuring, monitoring and visually representing the health of a community and to identify and define a basic set of health status indicators.
The objectives of the Measurement of Health Status module are to enable the learner to:
- Describe and use common epidemiologic tools, data sources and methods for measuring, monitoring and visually representing the health of a community
- Use epidemiologic tools, data sources and methods to outline a framework for assessing the health of a community
- Identify and define a basic set of health status indicators
- Locate and use Internet-based data sources to assess the health of a community, as defined in your framework
- Describe the use of a variety of methods for presenting epidemiologic data
- Lesson 1: Health Status Assessment
- Lesson 2: Health Indicators
- Lesson 3: Sources of Health Information
- Lesson 4: Organizing and Displaying Epidemiologic Data
Public health practitioners in the English-speaking Caribbean, including public health nurses, environmental public health professionals, health promoters, program managers, dental health practitioners, dietitians, policy analysts, public health veterinarians and other public health practitioners.
Learners should have successfully completed EPI1 Basic Epidemiological Concepts.