Virtual Course: AUDIT-SBI in Primary Health Care
About the Course:
This Virtual Course presents the Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT) and the corresponding Screening and Brief Interventions (SBI) for managing problems related to alcohol consumption in Primary Health Care (PHC).
- Train non-specialist health professionals in implementing the Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test (AUDIT) and corresponding Screening and Brief Interventions (SBI).
- Encourage primary care givers to incorporate the AUDIT-SBI program in their daily routines.
- Empower health professionals to organize trainings for others.
This course is aimed to:
- Health professionals (including mental health) without expertise in the field of addictions.
- Decision-makers for health policy on the local, state, regional, or national level.
- Managers of health care services.
Duration / Workload:
The course is open and available in the VCPH. As it is a self-learning course, participants can regulate their times and moments of dedication. When including the estimated time to complete the modules and the Final Evaluation, the Course is assigned a total of 6 hours.
Module 1: Alcohol use in Latin America: social factors, epidemiology, patterns of use, and the health-disease-care process
Module 2: The Alcohol Use Disorders Identifications Test (AUDIT) – Introduction and application
Module 3: Brief intervention in conjunction with AUDIT
Module 4: Implementation of AUDIT-SBI
Module 5: Training of trainers