Virtual Self-Learning Course on Human Resources for Universal Health - 2019
- Present the strategic lines of the Human Resources for Universal Health Strategy approved by PAHO Member States in September 2017
- Present an overview of the regional challenges in the field of human resources for health
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Analyze the context, main problems, and rationale for the approach to human resources from a systemic perspective.
- Analyze the core elements for strengthening management of processes regulating human resources within the framework of the Universal Health Strategy.
- Analyze the required conditions and capacities for human resources to achieve Universal Health.
Define the guidelines required for effective coordination with the education sector.
The course will be offered online through the Moodle virtual educational platform on the PAHO/WHO Virtual Campus for Public Health. This is a self-study course where participants progress according to their own level of dedication. All modules have a narrated presentation and complementary materials such as videos, animations, and experiences.
The course includes:
- An introductory module;
- 3 modules that address the main themes of the Strategy on Human Resources for Universal Health;
- An integration and closing module.
Duration and Time Required
This is a self-study course with an estimated total time commitment of 10 hours. The participant advances through the course at their own pace.
Learning is assessed through the analysis of a case study on human resources for health and a final evaluation of the topics covered in the course.