Primary Health Care and COVID-19, Leaders in International Health Program (LIHP), Edmundo Granda Ugalde
This seminar was held within the framework of the online seminar series of the Leaders in International Health Program (LIHP), Edmundo Granda Ugalde. It offered a space for reflection and discussion about the importance of Primary Health Care (PHC) in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The invited speakers discussed the role of PHC in the response strategy to the current international health crisis, the way in which different countries have activated and adapted their primary care systems for the same purpose, providing a critical look at the challenges and opportunities that the COVID-19 pandemic presents to PHC in the Region.
- Welcome and introductions. Annella Auer, PAHO/WHO
- Orientations for strengthening the first level of care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Reynaldo Holder, International PAHO Consultant
- COVID-19 and Primary Health Care in The Bahamas. Jillian Bartlett. Ministry of Health Bahamas
- Countries presentations
- Annella Auer. Coordinator, Edmundo Granda Ugalde Leaders in International Health Program (LIHP), Pan American Health Organization PAHO/WHO
- Reynaldo Holder, International PAHO Consultant for Health Systems Strengthening Pan American Health Organization PAHO/WHO
- Jillian Bartlett. Senior Medical Officer, Ministry of Health Government of The Bahamas
- Laura J. Esprit. Director of Primary Health Care Ministry of Health, Wellness and New Health Investment Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica
- Jacquiline Bisasor-McKenzie. Chief Medical Officer Ministry of Health and Wellness Government of Jamaica