What is the Campus?
- The conception and design of the Virtual Campus of Public Health are the product of ideas and experiences from the first approaches made from the launch of the Initiative in 2000.
- Starts the launch of the pilot phase of the Virtual Campus of Public Health.
- Opens the process of signing the Memorandum of Understanding which includes the first thirteen partner institutions.
- Special Statement of the Director of the Pan American Health Organization, Dr. Mirta Roses at the 4th Regional Coordination Meeting of the Virtual Library, Brazil. Reaffirmed the "commitment of PAHO to the construction of the Virtual Campus of Public Health to progressively put in networking initiatives National, international and regional continuing education for health workers".
- Inaugural speech of the Director of PAHO, Dr. Mirta Roses, "in this period as encourage the strengthening of information systems, health monitoring, measuring inequality and disease burden, and the analysis and use of information for decision making in partnership with other international agencies".
- Today more than 140 institutions of the different nodes representatives participate in the Virtual Campus of Public Health.