“Health and Development: The Absence of Disease is Not Enough”
PAHO has started to transform a life course vision into an approach that contributes to a paradigm shift in the Building Health Throughout the Life Course. “Health and Development: The Absence of Disease is Not Enough” is the first of a webinar series to promote the life course approach.
- To help decision-makers and public health professionals to understand the life course meaning and concepts, which is essential to comprehend how health develops and changes throughout the life course.
- To describe how the life course model allows us to address health disparities by generating mechanisms to improve health and well-being by promoting the vision of health as the product of a series of experiences that contribute to or detract from health in the near and long term.
- 8:30 a.m. - Welcoming remarks
- Dr. Enrique Vega
- 8:35 a.m. - The life course approach for health development: Concepts and foundations
- Dr. Cristopher Forrest
- 8:50 a.m. - How the life course approach is translated into public health practice: First part of the life course (implications)
- Presentation - A future for the world's children: A WHO-UNICEF-Lancet commission
- Dr. Raul Mercer
- Presentation - Re-designing children and adolescent's health programs
- Dr. Wilson Milton Were
- 9:10 a.m. - Panel discussion: The implementation of the life course approach
- Moderated by Dr. Pablo Durán
- Panelists include:
- Dr. Natalie Charpaak
- Dr. Nicole Garay Unjidos
- Dr. Susan Sawyer
- 10:00 a.m. - Conclusions and closing remarks
- Dr. Pablo Durán
Moderated by Dr. Sonja Caffe
Information on life course approach at https://www.paho.org/en/topics/healthy-life-course