LIHP-Primary Health Care and COVID-19 (ENGLISH Only)
This is the third in a series of webinars exploring the relationship between the COVID-19 pandemic and international health. This webinar will focus on the importance of Primary Health Care in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Focus primarily on the Caribbean although it will also draw from some positive experiences in Latin America.
- To explore the relationship between the COVID-19 pandemic and international health
- To focus on the importance of Primary Health Care in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
- To present guidelines to strengthen the First Level of Care (FLC) within the framework of PHC and Universal Health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Welcome and introductions. Annella Auer
- Orientations for strengthening the first level of care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Reynaldo Holder
- COVID-19 and Primary Health Care in The Bahamas. Jillian Bartlett
- Annella Auer. Coordinator, Edmundo Granda Ugalde Leaders in International Health Program (LIHP), Pan American Health Organization PAHO/WHO
- Reynaldo Holder, International PAHO Consultant for Health Systems Strengthening Pan American Health Organization PAHO/WHO
- Jillian Bartlett. Senior Medical Officer, Ministry of Health Government of The Bahamas
- Laura J. Esprit. Director of Primary Health Care Ministry of Health, Wellness and New Health Investment Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica
- Jacquiline Bisasor-McKenzie. Chief Medical Officer Ministry of Health and Wellness Government of Jamaica