Dialogues about research ethics during the pandemic: Challenges and lessons to learn in Latin America and the Caribbean – Third dialogue: Social and scientific value, and informed consent
PAHO's Regional Program on Bioethics invites to participate in a series of regional dialogues on research ethics in the pandemic. In this third dialogue, members of research ethics committees from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Trinidad and Tobago discussed the social and scientific value, and the informed consent in COVID-19 studies.
- To advance a space to share the efforts of the countries in the region ensuring the ethical conduct of research during the pandemic.
- Identify the challenges in their implementation, and overall improve our capacities to catalyze ethical COVID-19 research.
- Sérgio Surugi de Siqueira (Miembro de la CONEP, Brasil)
- Sofía Salas (Miembro del comité ético científico de la Facultad de Medicina Clínica Alemana, Universidad del Desarrollo, Chile)
- Leonardo Perelis (Miembro del Comité ética del Hospital Ramos Mejía de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Magda Baksh (North West Regional Health Authority, Trinidad and Tobago)