FluComm: Addressing Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Influenza in the Community
Welcome to FluComm: Addressing Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in the Community, an online course designed to support local leaders throughout the Americas as they prepare for and respond to this global health crisis.
Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
1. Define the terms “pandemic” and “preparedness.”
2. Describe how pandemic influenza emerges and spreads.
3. Describe key steps in developing a local preparedness and response plan.
4. Describe principles of effective communication during a pandemic.
5. Identify preparedness and response strategies for specific community sectors.
6. Identify additional resources to support local preparedness and response efforts.