- The conception and design of the Virtual Campus for Public Health are the product of ideas and experiences from the first approaches made from the launch of the Initiative in 2000.
- Starts the launch of the pilot phase for the Virtual Campus for Public Health.
- Opens the process of signing the Memorandum of Understanding which includes the first thirteen partner institutions.
- Special Statement of the Director of the Pan American Health Organization, Dr. Mirta Roses at the 4th Regional Coordination Meeting of the Virtual Library, Brazil reaffirmed the "commitment of PAHO to the construction of the Virtual Campus for Public Health to progressively put in networking initiatives National, international and regional continuing education for health workers".
- Inaugural speech of the Director of PAHO, Dr. Mirta Roses "In this period as encourage the strengthening of information systems, health monitoring, measuring inequality and disease burden, and the analysis and use of information for decision making in partnership with other international agencies".
- Completion of the conceptual framework and technological infrastructure
- Commissioning and adjustments of the new model at the regional level and the network of nodes in the countries.
- Training and skills development in the coordination and technical and technological and financial sustainability teams of the project.
- Growth and consolidation of VCPH networks.
- Improvement of the quality control of products and services.
- The network covers more than 160 public health institutions, approximately 20,000 professionals in the Region have completed some of the virtual courses using the web and other applications designed for mobile devices; About 6,000 educational resources published in conjunction with the VHL and 4 countries are participating in the design of a virtual training clinic, aimed at developing the clinical skills of the professionals of the PHC teams. 96 regional courses and 245 in countries have been held. More than 500 professionals were trained in the online tutoring exercise and in the design of virtual education programs, which has allowed this growth.