National Coordination Strategies for the Development and Production of Ventilators in the Context of COVID-19 [5 Jun 2020]
Event name: National Coordination Strategies for the Development and Production of Ventilators in the Context of COVID-19
Organized by: PAHO (HSS/MT)
Summary: The webinar features government authorities and experts from the Americas and Spain who share their experiences to strengthen the development and production of ventilators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Audience: Authorities, professionals (engineers, doctors, managers and other related specialties) who have developed or are interested in learning about low-cost ventilator projects.
Presenters: Government authorities of the Americas and leaders of innovative ventilators projects.
To share their experiences to strengthen the development and production of ventilators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Opening remarks: James Fitzgerald, Director of Health Systems and Services, PAHO/WHO
- Objectives of the meeting: Tomás Pippo, Regional Advisor for Pharmaceutical Policies and Innovation, PAHO/WHO
- Update on the regional activities related to innovation/ventilator production projects in the context of COVID-19 Alexandre Lemgruber, Regional Advisor for Health Technology Management, PAHO/WHO
Panel: Coordination Strategies at the National Level
- Argentina: Diego Hurtado, Secretary of Planning and Policies in Science, Technology and Innovation. Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
- Brazil: José Gontijo, Director of the Department of Science, Technology and Digital Innovation. Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communication
- Costa Rica: Carola Medina Oreamuno, Direction of Innovation. Ministry of Science, Technology and Telecommunications
- Uruguay: María José Gonzalez, Advisor to the Minister. Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining
Panel: Innovation Projects
Presentation of projects
- Brazil: Baumer- ElDorado - VentLife - José Bertuzzo
- Spain: Project Andalucía Respira - Víctor Fernando Muñoz
- Trinidad and Tobago: University of the West Indies - Jeevan Persad
- USA: Vermontilator - Jason Bates
- USA: AutoVENT - Steven Arms